Safety Checklist Contractors (SCC) is a guideline for a certifiable safety management system. It incorporates issues of occupational health, safety and environmental protection (German abbr. SGU), making it a combined management system for job safety and environmental protection.
The certification is based on a questionnaire. For small companies up to 35 employees, without any subcontractors, a restricted certificate can be authorized (marked as SCC*). For all other companies, every compulsory question must be answered (marked as SCC**). Other criteria are used to certify a temporary-employment agency (SCP).
The certification is executed by accredited auditors.
The questionnaire is subdivided into 10 units:
- SGU-policy and organisation / SGU – engagement of management
- risk identification and assessment
- personnel selection
- briefing and training
- rules, regulations, project safety plan
- employee health care
- purchase and inspection of the materials, equipment and benefits
- notification, registration and analysis of accidents and near accidents
or unsafe situations